A PRiME Approach to Sustainability Mindset – Dr Karen Cripps
PRIME used to conjure up thoughts about the drink that appears to have become a fad (and that my son gets super excited about the prospect of seeing on a supermarket shelf) 🤦🏻♀️.
Karen informed me about PRiME, an acronym for ‘principles for responsible management education’ and it’s taken on a whole new (and much more helpful!) meaning.
In this episode of the podcast, we uncover:
- the key sustainability mindset principles
- ‘green hushing’
- purposeful dissatisfaction
- ‘power over, power with or power under’
- the role of the Johari Window in a VUCA world
- the role of mental health self-awareness in enabling the right mindset
- the concept of Ikigai; finding our sweet spot where skills, passions and values align
- the need to connect with emotion to shift motivation from extrinsic targets to intrinsic drive
- adding curiosity to your diary to promote connection
If you’re interested in ‘people, planet and profit’ (thank you Chris Williams of Jennings who used the term, talking about BCorps on a previous episode of my podcast), you’ll get a lot from this conversation.
And I’d recommend Karen as a source of great insight and expertise if you would like to know more about how to manage responsibly by educating a mindset fit for the future of work.
If you want to find out how to…
- increase mental health self-awareness
- engage people in teams shaped around meaning, purpose and psychological safety
- create greater connection to allow for collaboration and creativity
…get in touch. I’m here to support you to get the people side of business right.
More about Karen:
Karen is a Senior Lecturer in Leadership at Oxford Brookes University Business School, and a Subject Coordinator for the Business and Management undergraduate programme. Karen joined Brookes in 2022, following previous lecturing at the University of Winchester, the University of Nottingham, and Leeds Metropolitan University (now Leeds Beckett). She has also led on HE programmes for a partner college of Buckinghamshire New University and University College of Birmingham.
With a long-established scholarship and teaching profile in sustainability leadership and management, Karen is committed to supporting student success and developing links to business networks and practice. She has joined the World Economic ‘Global Shapers’ initiative as a mentor on the ‘Sustainability Leaders’ programme and is a Co-Lead for the United Nations ‘Principles of Responsible Management Education’ (PRME) London and South East network group. Karen is an ambassador the PRME Working Group on the Sustainability Mindset and this is a key concept in her current research practice. One of her current interests is the intersection between supporting students’ career construction for environmental and social sustainability.
Links to contact Karen:
LinkedIn: Dr Karen Cripps
Resources & References
Values in Action: www.viacharacter.org
Active Hope: www.activehope.info
Contact details for Lisa LLoyd:
LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/in/lisapsychology
Sign up to be kept in the loop: www.itstimeforchange.co.uk/jointheclub