"What is it that you actually do?"
"Why would a company get you in?"
I get asked these questions a lot! And it makes sense... When you buy a product, it’s often clear what you’ll receive when you hand over the cash. But when it’s a service shaped to fit each client's needs and is broad by its nature of being about people, it can be trickier to pin down. So, here I’ve given a flavour of what I do and why companies get me involved.
How I work and who I support
I use research-informed practice and, as a psychologist, I apply my knowledge and skills to work with leaders and managers to develop workplaces where employees can thrive.
My mantra: When we get people right, we get business right.
I support companies to create a culture that people enjoy and are proud to be part of, where they are fully engaged and are able to perform to their true potential. I do that by coaching, consulting and training across organisations.
Working with leadership
I support leaders in better understanding how to develop the right culture from the top. This usually takes the form of a programme that covers workshops, consultation working groups and individual coaching.
- Creating a clear vision and purpose that is owned across the company and for which roles and responsibilities are clear
- Leading successful change where all employees are on board, reducing resistance and employee ‘fall-out’ during times of uncertainty and transition
- Providing leaders with knowledge about specific barriers that prevent employees from being their best
- Exploring ways to overcome these challenges and identifying strengths and successes to build on going forward
- Strategic planning and implementation to create a psychologically safe, engaging company culture where people feel a sense of belonging, connection and status.
Working with managers
I support managers to give them the skills needed to engage their teams. This usually takes the form of workshops and individual coaching, to include:
- Redefining the manager role, including building individual relationships, trust, and a leadership style that feels authentic
- Connecting with others using emotional intelligence and compassion, from self-awareness, to meeting the needs of the team
- Gaining confidence that they really know how to support people to achieve their best, and knowing they have got it right
- Creating an engaging team identity that nourishes psychological safe relationships, collaboration, creativity and energy.
Working with employees
I provide workshops and individual coaching to support entire teams and employees of all levels to build awareness of:
- Emotional wellbeing, focusing on the neuroscience to highlight the ‘why’, ‘how’, and the impact of prioritising this crucial aspect
- Mental health needs, in the broadest sense, that is about individual accountability but also whole-company strategy (the latter being a whole-company piece of work that starts with leadership)
- Brain performance and the impact of mental noise including overwhelm, uncertainty and change; and how to gain control
- Communication skills including positive confect, and creating psychological safety, to enable improvement and innovation.
Working with MHFAs
I support Mental Health First Aiders (MHFAs), and their equivalents, to develop their impact. We focus on building awareness and take-up of their role, as well as the effectiveness of the resource, by providing CPD opportunities to enhance practice.
Need a bit of a flavour?
I’m a bespoke kind-of-girl but to get a flavour of the kinds of workshops I’ve been providing companies, do check them out for yourself
How you know it's time for change.
If you’re still wondering when a company might contact me, these are some of the issues that prompt collaboration with It’s Time for Change:
So... are YOU ready for change?
Do give me a call to chat about your conundrum / flash of inspiration (or just to suss me out and see if I'm the right fit for you!)
Co-Founder | Coefficient
The advice provided on by Lisa LLoyd at It's Time for Change to build resilience is practical and actionable, encompassing diverse areas of personal development. It's important to apply skills in a manner that best fits one's unique circumstances so consider professional guidance for tailored advice…by working with someone brilliant like… Lisa LLoyd.
Anonymous Survey Feedback from Training
"Amazing delivery - fantastic explanations. Engaging and thoughtful. Two hours flew by! I could listen to this lady all day - she is amazing!"
Emma Capone ACIPD
Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
"I organised the session with Lisa for my group of Government apprentices and the session was wonderful - I enjoyed it a great deal and have had fantastic feedback from those that joined . I would definitely recommend to others and I will certainly do so at my cross-government meetings & group events. Lisa's approach was friendly yet informative, and gave attendees the opportunity to feel comfortable to voice opinions. Even after having attended lots of well-being and mental health workshops, one apprentice felt that Lisa described key topics differently, that really resonated with them."
Founder and CEO
"Lisa spoke at Venture Harbour's Winter Retreat and was one of the team's favourite sessions. Being a team of skeptical "engineering types" I have to admit I wasn't sure how the session on mental health would go down. Needless to say, Lisa did an exceptional job - balancing broad best practice with scientific detail when relevant. Her exercises were fun and, crucially, had lasting impact. Following the success of the Winter Retreat talk, we arranged a 1-to-1 session with Lisa for each team member - which I've heard nothing but glowing things from conversations with the team."
Early Talent Lead
"As part of National Apprenticeship Week we asked Lisa to provide a tailored wellbeing session for apprentices. The session was delivered brilliantly, providing individuals with information and techniques to manage their studying, workload and personal lives; to look after their mental health to avoid burnout. The session was interactive and received great feedback from our apprentices. I highly recommend."
Founder at Summit and Talent Director at KHWS
"We asked Lisa to do a talk for our agency just before Christmas 2020, in the midst of lockdown and a year that had taken its toll on everyone. Lisa delivered a brilliant and motivating talk that focused on mental resilience in times of uncertainty. Lisa managed to equip our teams with some coping strategies and techniques that will ensure that they can go into 2021 feeling prepared and optimistic about managing their own mental health. The talk was interesting and engaging, with a few surprises added in (!) and I would highly recommend Lisa to you."
"We have been commissioning Lisa to run training for Primary School staff for a number of years now and her training is always well received by attendees. This year Lisa is running a series of sessions around social, emotional, mental health which has led a school to book Lisa to host their INSET day. I would highly recommend Lisa and the services she offers"
"I strongly believe that we have a responsibility to support our workforce in all areas throughout their careers with us, and their mental well-being is of paramount importance. It is such a specialist area and would highly recommend Lisa."
"It’s great to work with a professional trainer who brings, in equal measure, a great knowledge of her subject and a passion for its application. You get a real sense working with Lisa that she wants to make a difference and truly does. Hence the name ‘it’s time for change’ I guess."
"Lisa recently gave a fantastic presentation to a group of our business owners on the importance of building a strong team culture. She delivered a fantastic blend of inspirational insight and practical steps to help our clients level-up their leadership and create a strong culture upon which to build their businesses. The feedback from the delegates was resoundingly positive, with every delegate mentioning Lisa's presentation as one of the highlights of the day."
Join the Club.
To get a better picture of what I am busy getting up to, you could pop your details into the link here to receive my fabulously irregular updates from me.
There will be information on downloadable resources, events where you can hear me speak, and updates with all things company culture, employee engagement and mental well-being.