Planning our engagement workshop
After lots of conversations with managers recently who are worried about bringing their teams back together, Helen Joy and I (Lisa LLoyd) spent this morning finalising details for the engagement workshop we are delivering next week.
Head over to Eventbrite if you’d like to join.
Manager Essentials: Re-Engaging Strong Teams Emerging from Crisis
About this Event
Thu, 11 June 2020 – 09:30 – 11:30 BST
Investing in employee engagement, reducing anxiety and developing key leadership skills builds strong teams
Which of these challenges are you facing as you begin to move your business forward:
- Re-engaging disconnected teams
- Recognising and dealing with increased levels of anxiety
- Re-evaluating the purpose of the business
- Managing the ongoing changes as proactively as possible
- Barriers to productivity
As a manager, you are the critical link between the leadership and the front line of the business. You cascade changes and information and feedback on how these impact customers and employees.
In any organisation the relationship between the business and the employees is critical and research has shown that there are five key areas that need to be satisfied for an employee to feel fully engaged and committed.
Join us for a two hour live, online workshop where we help you navigate these five key areas and develop a personal plan to prioritise and move forward.
You will also benefit from an individual follow up session with Helen or Lisa to discuss the implementation of your plan.
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- Deeper understanding of the key factors for high engagement
- Clarity around where your business is now, the gap between your current position and where you want to be, and the steps to get there
- Created a clear path forwards to decrease anxiety and increase engagement
- Confidence in your role in creating a culture of trust and confidence
- Recognition of the purpose of your business in a new context
This workshop is facilitated by Lisa LLoyd and Helen Joy.
Lisa helps leaders understand what they can do differently in the workplace to create a culture for employees to excel, where teams are dynamic and where people are happy. Being a chartered psychologist gives her e a point of difference to understand what’s going on and enable change.
Helen has 20 years experience in supporting managers to create great teams. Having worked in operations as well as Learning & Development, she has a commercial approach whilst providing inspiring and motivating programmes.