The Case for a Neurodiverse Culture – Mel Francis, Neuroinclusive HR
Mel Francis is an accomplished HR Director and she joins me to talk about Neurodiversity in the workplace.
Mel supports HR, and Diversity and Inclusion professionals, on their journey through her company, NeuroinclusiveHR.
- What neurodiversity really is
- Different types of neurodiverse conditions and their common traits that may be evident at work
- Bias, stigma, stereotypes and the use of language
- The power of ingroups and outgroups,
- The impact of culture and psychological safety
- The value of people uniqueness and the cost of fuelling ignorance
- The correlation between neurodiversity and mental health challenges
- The responsibility of employers
Mel provides practical steps to achieving a neurodiverse company. Whether you’re starting out or looking to apply a neurodiverse lens to all stages of the employee lifecycle, she has clear advice about what to do.
More about Mel
Mel is an accomplished HR Director with over 25 years’ experience gained within complex matrix organisations in the public, private, and not for profit sectors.
Links to contact Mel:
LinkedIn: Melanie Francis
Resources & References
Employment Law Journal article (PDF Download)
Contact details for Lisa LLoyd:
LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/in/lisapsychology
Sign up to be kept in the loop: www.itstimeforchange.co.uk/jointheclub