Getting Beyond Resistance to Change – Amanda Page, Change Tempo
We have supported a number of clients, from the NHS to recruiters, combining our expertise to lead change. Whether that’s about navigating the unknown, anxiety about how to change people’s behaviour, or overcoming push-back, Amanda and I have guided leaders through the turbulence.
In this episode we discuss a number of issues and strategies that leaders need to be aware of, including:
- The cost of ignoring the people factor in the process of change
- The need to anticipate resistance and the confidence to overcome that
- The role of resilience and the impact of change on performance and mental wellbeing
- Change management vs change leadership
- The Change Cycle
- The value of story telling
How much time are you investing in getting the experience of change right for your people?
Get people right, get business right.
Chat to us. We can support you to change the narrative from upset and commotion, to exciting opportunity and positive investment.
More about Amanda
Transforming your organisation can be career defining for leaders, so it’s important to get it right. As a change expert and coach, Amanda works with leaders to help them accelerate change & following a long career in the global tech industry in Org Change, Learning and Development and Customer Loyalty, she has a deep understanding of the key levers required to successfully lead people through change resulting in ongoing career advancement for themselves and their team.
Links to contact Amanda:
LinkedIn: Amanda Page Change Tempo
Resources & References
EY research reveals that 47% of key employees leave after a major transaction. Within three years, that number has grown to 75%. This represents a painful loss of valuable human capital, and it can come with devastating impact: How a new talent mindset can solve the post-merger integration puzzle (www.ey.com)
Swedish House of Finance, together with Nova School of Business and Economics take a deep dive into Swedish employee-employer level data linked to individual health records to find incidence of stress, anxiety, depression, psychiatric medication usage. (Data covered all merger transactions in the Swedish economy between 2007 and 2015. Latest draft April 2022, first draft Dec 2020): How do mergers and acquisitions impact employee mental health (www.hhs.se)
- The study found that M&A negatively impact workers’ mental health including stress and anxiety, depression diagnoses, both inpatient and outpatient care, medication prescription.
- Overall mental health issues increased 2.6% among employees after an M&A compared to the pre-merger period.
- Both employee in and out-patient hospital care after a merger or acquisition rose by 2% and 5% respectively compared to the pre-merger period.
The Big Reason Why Some People Are Terrified Of Change (While Others Love It) (forbes.com) 62% of people who either don’t like to leave their comfort zone or do so only occasionally.
Contact details for Lisa LLoyd:
LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/in/lisapsychology
Sign up to be kept in the loop: www.itstimeforchange.co.uk/jointheclub