Am I a Good Leader? A Changing and Diverse Role – Gail Cohen, GCVA
We explore if she is a good leader (her words!). Gail’s honesty and vulnerability is powerful as we unpick:
- How our experience shapes us
- Self awareness vs self evaluation
- Generational differences within the workforce
- Employee led culture
- Clarity of a leaders’ strengths and areas for development
- Leadership, management and being an entrepreneur – crucial differences
- Leading with neurodiversity, and the impact on the team
- Regaining the ‘ba boom’ when we flatline in our roles
- Relinquishing control and succession planning
The conversation is thought provoking. I wonder what you will take away from it?
More about Gail:
Gail is the Director General of the Gift Card & Voucher Association (GCVA), a role she has held since 2015. During this time, the organisation has grown exponentially; adapting to represent all players, and the industry, in the continually changing gift card environment. It has over 90 members including major retailers and key service providers.
Gail leads and manages the association, develops strategy, and sets direction with the executive group, hosting the largest annual industry global conference.
Gail is an experienced brand builder and marketing professional with an impressive portfolio working across the private, public, and charitable sectors. Previous clients include Cartier, British Film Institute & Pearson. She is passionate about human rights and loves her family, gardening, cooking and meditating in the middle of a field.
Links to contact Gail:
Resources & References
The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness – Professor Steve Peters (Amazon.co.uk)
Contact details for Lisa LLoyd:
LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/in/lisapsychology
Sign up to be kept in the loop: www.itstimeforchange.co.uk/jointheclub