Unpicking the Plan – with Celia Champion
Series 2: The how to getting employee experience right.
This episode is a little bit different! Celia invited me to join her to talk about planning for positive employee experience within a clinic setting. It made complete sense to share this conversation on Beyond the Water Cooler as we cover so many aspects that I talk about each week.
There are a number of different strands that we explore, including:
- How leaders can enhance the team experience, at an individual, team and whole-organisation level
- Unpicking the behaviours necessary for people to feel safe to engage in the team experience; actions speak louder than words
- The ‘why’ of our role, recognition of our value, connection, belonging,
- The need for positive conflict vs we’re too nice for feedback
- How to introduce a new culture or initiatives and keep the enthusiasm alive
- Looking for specific opportunities and overcoming challenges
- Listening to your gut
- Clarifying your role; your team vs service delivery
- The expert vs the manager; challenging hierarchical models
- How to position the business in the recruitment drive to attract the best team members
- Changing the recruitment focus and communicating real employ experience
More about Celia:
Celia Champion is the owner of Painless Practice. Celia specialises in supporting health practitioners on the non-clinical, business side of their practice. Whether you want to grow your practice, plan your exit strategy, get a better work life balance or manage your practice and team more efficiently and more successfully, Painless Practice are able to help. Celia and her team are passionate about seeing practitioners enjoying their work and achieving their vision. Celia co-authored ‘Seven Pillars of a Painless Practice and is a leading keynote speaker in her field.
Links to contact Celia:
Contact details for Lisa LLoyd:
LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/in/lisapsychology
Sign up for Lisa’s Monthly Bulletin: www.itstimeforchange.co.uk/jointheclub